Oh, this is great. I am still laughing out loud. Taylor just showed me some more correspondance that she has had with her "publisher."
PUBLISHER:
Dear Mr. Taylor Nikolaus,
How are things coming along with your manuscript? As agreed, here is our offer this August: (blah, blah)
Sincerely,
Mrs. Blah Blah
TAYLOR:
Dear Mrs. Blah Blah,
I'm sorry but I can't do this publishing thing. Third grade has started and it's too complicated. So sorry.
Sincerely,
Taylor Ann Nikolaus
P.S. I am a Miss not a Mr.
PUBLISHER:
Dear Ms. Taylor Nikolaus,
I apologize for the wrong salutation. Should you have more time to work on your book, just let me know.
Yours truly,
Mrs. Blah Blah
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
haha.. she is so funny. Third grade did get pretty crazy... antonyms, and synonyms...
Yes, I got a new camera... the ol' cybershot was holding me back! :)
she is the best.
Her letter is so professional sounding! I'm surprised the publisher even responded - I'm sure he was embarrased.
that's awesome!
She should feel so lucky to be hearing from a publisher at all, and way to go Taylor with getting your priorities in order...what could be more important than 3rd grade!?
Seriously? That is hillarious! I could sit and listen to Taylor's stories for hours. She is some serious creative genes in her that are ready to be unleashed! But I love, love, love the 3rd grade comment. Priceless.
Miss you!
She is so funny! I love being around her she is always good for a laugh! Such a cute personality!
Why does Taylor remind me of a young entrepreneurial Leslie? Very imaginative too. Remember how you had set up an entire restaurant in your basement on Paisley Circle? Or when you wrote a play for all of the neighborhood kids to act out? Writing is in Taylor's genes.
what a crack up. She seems so grown up for a 3rd grader! I am telling you - she may just well be your cash cow! xoxo
I love her! I can't wait to hear the story from her. She always puts a smile on my face. She is GREAT!
i just realized that my comment i left a week ago never came through....
tay's so darn cute with her books. hey...i think it would be so cool for her to send something to "the friend". i'll email her & tell her. Ü
She is so much fun! What a blessing to have such a smart and imaginative little girl! Well I'm not sure she is so little...I think the last I looked she was almost as tall as me...of course most kids are!
By the way Karstin wants to know when he and 'Best Buddy Tate' can get together for another play date!
ok...if i come on here 1 more time & there's not a new post i'm gonna...
Russ and I have had a good laugh about that!
Denise
Post a Comment