Monday, October 19, 2009

Me and the Naked Lady

Lately I've been enjoying the sauna at my gym. After my workout, I will spend 10-20 minutes in the sauna...thinking, relaxing, excreting the toxins from my body. It's very nice, and I feel great afterwards.

Today in the sauna it was me and the naked lady. She was stark-naked...nadda...in the raw...except for her flip-flops. HUH? Here's what I don't get...the North and South were fully exposed, yet she felt the need for flip-flops. Why? Don't get it.

Here's another thing I don't get. Why do people think they can walk around the locker room au natural? If you have to change your clothes or take a shower, that's a different story. That's what locker rooms are for. But why prance around the locker room naked? USE A TOWEL! Even worse is the sauna.

Back to naked lady...so I walk in the sauna and just gasped. It's not like I haven't seen the upstairs and downstairs of a naked lady before. Afterall, I, myself, am a lady. Heck, I see naked ladies all the time in the locker room. The weird thing was that it was just she and I in the sauna. Yep, just me and the naked lady. It's a first for me...sitting next to a naked lady...so casually. It just kind of summons an awkward moment.

Do I look at her? If I don't, it will be obvious that I'm feeling weird. However, if I do acknowledge her, is she going to think I'm staring at her, checking her out? Is that what she wants? I guess I could have just left, but I wanted to relax! So, I sat huddled in a fetal position in the corner realizing that there would be no possible way to relax with a naked lady lying down right in front of me! I decided to just close my eyes and go to that "special place."

I know you are wondering 2 things.
1) Did I look at her? Of course I did. Curiosity always kills the cat.
2) Was she a hot girl? No. She should never have been naked.

20 comments:

Monica said...

That might just be one of the funniest posts that I have ever read in my entire life!!

New Lewis Happenings said...

Muwahahahahah!

Classic.

Down in the Sun said...

Okay I am totally laughing! But I can't help but think what it would be like to have been in your place. Glad it was you and not me! Sure makes for one of the most memorable blog posts that I have ever read!

It was great getting together with you guys last week!

DeAnne Baum said...

I laughing so hard! You are so freakin hilarious. Wow, I needed a good laugh....Thanks!

DeAnne Baum said...

See I can't even spell right....

Lara said...

you kill me. did you see the seinfeild episode of "good naked" and "bad naked"? this is TOTALLY "bad naked"

judy nik said...

Yeaahhh Leslie...you are so good!!!
And, yes, I am smart enough to never be naked...I even run quickly to the shower !! Great to hear from you again...Jude

Denise said...

Okay this is one of my most FAVORITE posts by far! I was totally imagining you, not the naked lady, okay maybe a little, I could feel your awkwardness too. I think you should've stood up and said, "Oh what the heck and taken off yours too." :)

JBPacker said...

I have been pretty apprehensive about entering the sauna at my gym.(Basically, because of the individuals that I see entering and exiting.) After reading your post I have decided that I would rather not be trapped in a sauna with a flip-floppin-nuddest..... Very funny and traumatizing!!!!

sheri rog said...

yet another reason for me to avoid the gym. the reasons just keep piling up on me.

...i'll tell you later what livie said to me when she finally paid attention to my naked body. (almost as funny as this post)

Jenefer said...

This is one of those stories that I am going to pass along to everyone I talk to this week....very funny! I think I expected that you were going to go ahead and have a conversation with her. So what do you wear in the sauna?

Love ya.

Stevens said...

And was it worth it having the time to relax? It doesn't sound very relaxing Leslie!! What a great story. Phil went to Finland on his mission and sauna is something I've tried to understand since hearing about it!! I love that Tate can handle Darth Mal and not the purple lady!! She does look freaky though.

Sara said...

north and south? this is why i love you!

Cami said...

Leslie-

I am good friends with Andrea. She sent me your blog and had me read what you went through back in August. It was hard to read because I just went through the same thing last week. But, I can honestly say that I know exactly what you felt like. Exactly. It was comforting to know that I am not the only one who has felt this way. I feel a connection with you, even though I don't know you. I just wanted to thank you for your words. I too wrote all of my feelings, personal feelings on my blog as a tribute to our little one. It was healing for me. Thank you again. I will think of you often.

Cami

micahcamirogers.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

Why do people think they can be naked in a sauna? In Arizona we have some pretty strange people.

JRaz said...

Very funny post Leslie. I do think you should have said something to her. I bet it is in the rules no one reads. Anyway being naked is great in a sauna but it should be your own sauna. Keep the funny psots coming.

Andrea said...

hello?? now you have me curious! :)

Turley Family said...

don't you worry i was stuck with naked lady all by my self today! i couldn't get the latest update about her out of my head!!! awkward!

Lyndsay said...

Thanks for the great laugh and of course the visual! :) And agree, flip flops? What's the point? And thanks for clarifying the 2 questions at the end...I was going to ask! :)

Lara said...

I don't have your new address and matt threw away the envelope i was saving from your card!! will you please email me your address??? laraellingson@gmail.com