We went camping last weekend near Show Low. I don't mind camping...for one night, that is. I do it mostly because our kids love it. I do love a good tin foil dinner, s'mores, getting out of the desert heat, and the beautiful scenery. I don't love the stink all around me, sleeping on hard dirt and rocks, black smoke boogers, hungry bears, and again, the stink all around me. Anyway, we had a great time with Willy's family. Here are a couple of pictures of our car ride there:


I had the following conversation with my sweet 3-year-old today:
Tate: Mom. 'Member when we saw de lerk?
Me: What? The lerk?
Tate: Yeah, de lerk wiff de elf poop.
Me: Say what? Lerk and elf poop?
Tate: Yeah! (getting frustrated) When we went camping, we saw de lerk wiff de big horns and de elf poop!
Me: Oh yes. The
elk and the
elk poop. Yes, I remember.
We did see a few elk on our drive out of camp as well as some elf, I mean
elk poop, on our hike earlier that day. I love kids...you never know what sticks with them.

6 comments:
I love the way Tate talks. You need to record his little voice. I remember in St. George we had Taylor, Carter squared, Sadie, and according to Tate, "Tate" and "Tate". So cute!
He is a cute kid. Yes sir ree! Good job for representing at the campout! I seriously hate it. I can't do it. I would rather stay in my closet for two days than go camping! Maybe one day when I have a nice big RV......... maybe that would help. ??
i loved the "elf" poop. what a cutie.
we had some good times, washin' dishes & laughin' on sat.
how's taylor's book coming? her stories were definitely one of the highlights.
oh, he's getting so big...and cute too...i'm thinking about that betrothal!
Cute comments and even cuter kids! Where are the pictures of you and Willy!?
Hey there Leslie! Super cute blogspot! It's so good to see your great family and see that you are doing so well!
Post a Comment