Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Oreo Bandit

So, I made some cookies. Not just any cookies...Homemade Oreos. Mmmm. I don't ever make homemade oreos just for fun. They are used strictly to impress, if you will. But they are for sheezy tasty, and they are a great way to say thank you to someone. It turns out that I had four awesome women to thank.

It took me 2 hours to make those flippin' oreos with the homemade cream cheese and pink-tinted frosting. I was definitely multi-tasking all afternoon and feeling a bit on edge. I happened to have a busy week with church responsibilities, my preschool and my own family activities, so my window of time was limited to that afternoon only.
When all five dozen cookies were done, I took several out for my own family (because I'm kool like 'dat) and put them in a ziploc. I took the rest and packaged them in cute bags with a nice pink bow with THE EXACT AMOUNT IN EACH BAG FOR EACH FAMILY. I then placed the bags in the freezer so the cookies would stay nice and fresh. I could then deliver them in the next couple of days. Please see Exhibit A below:


You may be asking, "Why go to all the trouble Leslie?" Is it because I am a Martha Stewart wanna-be? Is it because I have an extra two hours everyday that I needed to fill? Is it because I have nothing else to do but hum a tune and roll dough balls? No, no, and no. I did it because I wanted these women to know how truly appreciated they were. (And let's be honest...to impress. Otherwise I could have just bought oreos, right?)

Now, let's back up and look at this cute guy.

Please see Exhibit B below:
Yeah, he's cute alright. Cute and always hungry. You know what happened. It is such a husband thing to do. While I was out, this cute guy and our children finished off the cookies that I had reserved in the ziploc. That's quite alright...that's why I reserved them some. Well, apparently, they were really extra good because when I walked in the door later that evening, this here cute guy is chewing and chomping on yet another oreo. He had helped himself to a cookie in one of the pretty bags with the pink bow AND THEN RETIED THE BOW...SO THAT MAYBE I WOULDN'T NOTICE???

Me: "Where'd you get that?"
Cute guy: (Acting all innocent) "The freezer."
Me: "You have got to be kidding me." (The steam is shooting out my ears.)
Cute guy: (Huge twinkle in his eye, trying not to laugh) "I didn't think you needed those anymore."
Me: "When in our 12 1/2 years of marriage have I EVER packaged cookies for you to eat?! I had those counted out perfectly for each member of their families! I can't believe you ate one!"
Cute guy: "Sorry. They are just cookies. I'll make some more if you want."
Me: (I'm just plain getting nasty and rude now because I WAS SO MAD) "Oh no you won't Mister! I want them to taste good and look cute!"

Sneaky Willy. Sneaky Willy sent his wife into a psychosis.

I woke up the next morning thinking that maybe I overreacted...oh, I was mad at him. I didn't let him off the hook though...he really needs to NOT be eating cookies packaged with pink bows...EVER! (I think that's pretty engrained in him now...heehee) It's not the first time I've gone psycho on him, and I wish I could tell you that it was going to be the last. Do not worry though...no need to contact the Dr. Phil show. We are going to be okay because he is the cutest oreo bandit I know.

15 comments:

Jenn said...

You should have taken the bag that was short the oreo and added it to my bag then blew off one of the other leaders because you like me best and know I love oreos! They were so good, no wonder willy got into them!!!

♥Tami said...

So typical! Why do they do that! I also hate when they open a new package of something when there is one already open! Because they "couldn't see it" Ugh!

sheri rog said...

willy....that little....!
SERIOUSLY! what was he possibly thinking?
i feel you on the "cute guy" thing...that's how he always got away with everything when we were little. i was always the one who ended up having to do everything!
...he'd just eat it! Ü

so funny! made me happy!

Nina Olson said...

Hey Leslie, it's good to hear from you. My phone got dumped in the bathtub so, I lost all my contacts. We did find a place, we already moved in to it, but we have no strings with them. Email me what you were thinking. I am in Utah right now for my brother in laws funeral, however I will check my email often. ninaolson@gmail.com

Emily said...

Exact same thing happened to me and Trav. It was one of the angriest I have been at him in our marriage. I had spent hours making sugar cookies in the form of letters for a book club I was having. The cookies spelled out the name of the book "War and Peace". When I got home from an errand just before the book club started, my beautiful platter of cookies read "Wa and Peace". Why? Why would he eat a letter? I don't know. Funny now, at the time, not so much.

Debbie said...

I'm not really trying to defend "sneaky Willy" on this one, but you make the best homemade oreos!! The temptation is just too great.

JBPacker said...

I forgot how innocent Willy can be! Brenton would have done the same. Although, your kind of psycho probably was not as psycho as my kind of psycho. But you just gotta love em.

Brian said...

Retying the bow... I need to remember that one.

New Lewis Happenings said...

Maybe you and Willy need a "sneaky meet" to put this all behind you. You never know, it might work.

Amy said...

I love it! I have been in your same shoes and I have to agree - it is a good thing these boys are so cute. I hate to say it, but I would guess it won't be the last of the sneeky treat stealers!! :> xoxo

Andrea said...

I can totally picture his face when you are all pissed off, and he's like, "Whut?"
They so don't get it.
Probably never will.
Oh well.
The end.

Stevens said...

I love it!! It's so nice to know that they're all the same. I love the fact that he retied the bow. Did Willy really think you wouldn't notice? They do look scrumptious though! I'M impressed!

Lara said...

I've got an oreo bandit sleeping in my bed too! I have to say, I am impressed with the bags and the bows!

Lyndsay said...

That is such a great story! I love how he didn't think you'd notice. Isn't that just like men- "they won't notice..." Love it!

Jenefer said...

Ah Leslie, your posts are the best. Always good for making me laugh at the end of a long day!