Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Carter!

Am I old enough to have a 7 year old? According to one demented (really demented) old man at my gym, I am old enough to have a 23 year old named Jen Jarvis...but that is another blog post that I will get to later. This post is to celebrate the life of our special boy...

Carter William Nikolaus

Carter is only an hour old here with The Willy

Taylor was only 10 lbs. heavier than Carter here I still remember the day I found out I was pregnant. I was in complete shock because Taylor was only 6 months. After the shock set in, I knew in my heart that this surprise baby was meant to be. When Carter was born, I couldn't have asked for an easier baby. He loved sleeping from Day 1. He pretty much ate and ate and ate and then slept it off, which if you think about it...it's not a bad way to live.
Exhibit One: Multiple Chins (3 wks)
Exhibit 2: Thighs (3 mos)

Carter helped me see once again that Heavenly Father really does know what is best for us. Taylor and Carter have been constant companions, and I'm still asked if they are twins. Carter was exactly what we needed at that time in our lives.

Carter is such a sweet boy. When he was 3, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He replied, "A kid." I was expecting fireman, policeman, Bob the Builder, so I asked him, "Why Carter?" He then said, "Because I want to stay with you and Dad." He's always had such a tender heart and often puts other's feelings before his own.


Carter has a funny sense of humor. He's always trying to put a smile on other's faces. He was being grumpy one night and I asked him, "Where did my sweet boy go?" He replied with his arms crossed, "He went on a business trip!" You are almost always guaranteed a smile with Carter. The kid has got personality.


Now Carter is growing up. He is loving sports right now - baseball, basketball, football, soccer, etc. He is starting to watch them on TV now too. I caught him watching college girls' softball the other day! What?? That just shows his commitment to the sporting world.


Last but not least, here's my "sweet boy" singing a Mother's Day song at school with his 1st Grade class. A mother couldn't be prouder. :0)



Happy Birthday Carter William Nikolaus. We love you to the moon and back! Peace out!

9 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

What a cute boy!! They do grow up too fast, don't they??!!

sheri rog said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Happy Bday Carter! These pix are so dang cute. You and Taylor are so sweet together and now Master is part of it! Hurray for Carter and his "Birth" day!

Love you all!

Rohan Shearer said...

Happy Birthday Carter! You are growing up so fast into such a handsome young man!

Amy said...

SO stinkin cute. Those early days are the way I remember him. I can't believe we have been gone that long. He is a sweet boy and you have a wonderful family. We love you tons! Amy & Grant

Turley Family said...

Happy birthday Carter! What a special boy he is! We love that kid, He is so much fun! Dustin had a great time playing ball with him last week! I can't believe he is 7 yrs old! WOW!

♥Tami said...

What a cute boy! Time goes by so fast, I remember when he was born! All of your kids are so cute!
Cute Blog by the way! I am soo addicted!

Lyndsay said...

Leslie- it's so good to reconnect. Your family is adorable and I love how you write- so funny. And your brothers and sisters- I still envision little Jenny and Jeff and Brian. Now they're all grown up and so cute! Tell Vicki hi for me. Keep in touch- we should meet up and do a run together or something and talk about the good ole' Glenmoor days, you know, like the Whitakers, the green belt and of course, Shelby Herrera! Good times!

Emily said...

You say its your birthday--its my birthday too--yeah! I love that Carter, me, and BMS's principal Mr. Tullos all share the same b-day. Carter is such a cutie! And I loved what you wrote about our blog names being the same. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. :)

Papa Linus said...

Carter is The Original "My Little Man", and is truly one of my very best friends in the world, in addition to being my grandson. I am not only overwhelmed by what a sweet son, grandson and friend he is, but am blown away as I think about his future.

And I'm especially impressed by how much love he has for his mommy but, guess what, he ain't the only one who thinks you are the best of the best (and I speak for many of us).