Monday, May 12, 2008

Never Say Never

I've been married coming up on 12 years. I am one page away from being finished with my wedding album. I've been one page away for about 6 years now. Scrapbooking just isn't for me. I wanted it to be...I do have an artsy side and who doesn't want to create memories for their family? I went to a few scrapbook nights with the girls...and then I started making up excuses....uh, yeah, I've got cramps...they're really bad this month. It was at that point that I realized, "Geez, I think I hate scrapbooking!" The money, the time, the way the page overtook the sweet pictures, the 'too much of a good thing' going on...That was an unpopular thing to say, so I stayed in my "I hate scrapbooking closet" for years.

Well, that is how I felt about blogs. I had come across a few in the past where it seemed that all the chicks did were showcase and brag about how perfect their lives were with their perfect husbands and perfect children and perfect breasts. And, for some reason, these same chicks would only post Glamour shots of themselves...boas and all. It only took a few of those to say to myself, "I'll never do a blog." Never say never! Here I am! I'm jumping back on to the turnip truck, and I'm blogging myself away! Why did I change my mind? Well, I realized (duh) that I don't have to make my blog about my perfect breasts. I have seen some wonderful blogs that are a great way to journal and record memories of family and things that are important. It's also a great way to share with friends that you don't see so often. And the blogs I've seen lately have made me change my mind. They are fun to read, crack me up and give me a lift and a smile.

So, I was wrong. Blogs aren't bad...some blogs still want to make me throw up, but most are great. I can make my blog REAL. And I guess if I feel like bragging that day, I can.

15 comments:

Andrea said...

haha... Oh ya! I hear ya. I was completely anti-blog for all those same reasons. And it freaked me out to think that any molester on the street could be checking out my girls online. Then when I realized you can have it private, I slowly starting feeling more comfortable about it. Like you said, it's a great way to keep up with people that you don't see all the time! I see a couple of blogging friends maybe once or twice a YEAR if that, but I totally know what's going on with them when I see them! It's like we've actually "been in touch!" It really can be a great thing. But beware! Some people are completely obsessed and WASTE so much time. It can be addicting to blog surf. I have to give myself limits for the week! :) ANyWaYs.. I love the post and I'll love to keep in better touch with you guys even though you are only 10 miles away!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read more of your blogs - you had me laughing out loud! See you soon!

Danette

Amy said...

This is why we love you Leslie!!
xoxo- Grant & Amy

New Lewis Happenings said...

WooHoo!! I'm so excited you've joined the crazy world of blogging!! You've inspired me to come out of the closet...
I HATE SCRAPBOOKING AND I'M READY TO TELL EVERYONE!!!

;)

Julie said...

Leslie you make me laugh... Just so you know, I think you are perfect and I am holding out for some glamour shots! Perhaps we should take some photos at 6 AM. I also hate scrapbooking and I am NOT ASHAMED.

sheri rog said...

hurray! you're gonna be so fun with blogging.
i have found that i am getting to know people that already live close by a little bit better. so, it's not even for family & friends far away. EVERYONE will love your blog!
i'm excited to share our lives a little bit more! Ü

Emily said...

I have to say I almost didn't do a blog because of a conversation I had with you about blogs. But lo and behold, I sent you an invite to my blog earlier today. It is also my blog's inaugural day...I guess great Welby Elementary minds think alike :)

Treseder Train said...

A Nicklous blog classic! I am so happy you did one! Brag all you want, about your perfect breasts, perfect sense of humor...whatever! We will all love to read it because it makes us smile and laugh, and we could all use more of that....so thanks! I will watch for future updates! Alena

Melissa Stadler said...

Oh how excited I am that you have decided to embark on this new blogging adventure. Yes...we have discussed blogs at length and everyone that knows you will LOVE reading your funny and crazy posts. I sure love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie!

My favorite blogs are the "real" blogs so I'm excited to hear about your "real" life. =) I'm all about the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Papa Linus said...

the World of Blog has just become a better place. And, gag-on-it or not, one thing I can say is that you are a perfect daughter - perfect even when you are not.

Jay Mo said...

Your breasts are great Les! The way you are succombing to peer pressure you'll have some perky little twins in no time! I have a few numbers for great doctors if you want them!!!! Hehehe!

Jenefer said...

I am so with you on the bragging bloggers....there are few things I hate more. I look forward to more regular doses of Leslie's humor. Love you Leslie!

Anonymous said...

Leslie - I am glad you have decided to join the blogging world. I will look forward to reading about you and your family! Besides that, you should be proud of your perfect breasts! Kristen

Sara said...

you are the best!