Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweet Moments

Have you ever had those mornings when you get up and every chitlin' woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Well, that was my morning yesterday. I usually wake up in a chipper mood, so it is hard for me when my family wakes up grumpy. Who wants to start the day like that? Anyway, Taylor and Carter were going at it especially. You know...the usual brother-sister stuff, "Stop looking at me! Mom, he's touching me! Ooooooh...I'm teeeeellllling! Mooooommmm, Taylor said I look like a tuuuuuurtle!" You know...that stuff.

Well, I wish I could say that my chipper mood stayed chipper. After the 25th tattle, I lost it. I took my voice up a notch (or two) and yelled, "STAY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER. TAYLOR, GO GET IN THE CAR! CARTER, YOU GO LAY ON THE COUCH! THE NEXT PERSON TO MAKE A PEEP IS GROUNDED FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!"

I do need to add that Carter wasn't feeling well. The plan was to keep him home from school that day and take him to the doctor to get him checked for strept throat (which he did have). I was going to load Taylor and Tate up in the car to go to school, and let Carter stay home while I drove them. (Don't call CPS on me...it is a 7 min. round trip. :0) )

Well, we got in the car and it was silent. I'm pulling out when Taylor asked to use my cell phone. I wasn't really paying attention to who she was calling until I heard this:

TAYLOR: Hi Carter. Are you doing okay? I'm just calling because I was worried about you.
CARTER: I'm okay.
TAYLOR: Okay, I was just checking on you. I hope you feel better. I love you.
CARTER: I love you too.
TAYLOR: I love you. Bye.
CARTER: I love you. Bye.

Sweet moments like that make it all worth it.

3 comments:

sheri rog said...

What sweetie-pies!
I love watching them with Olivia! Fun times ahead...

Sara said...

This is Brian:

Great story. I love it when kids allow us to see that they really do love each other.

By the way, I still can not stop laughing at "tuuuuuuuurtle"!!

Classic.

Emily said...

This story doesn't surprise me. I saw how much those two loved each other in our two short days in St. George together.