Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009



2009 Nikolaus Family Top Ten

10. Over-scheduling: baseball, soccer, gymnastics, Scouts, piano, preschool, church activities, softball, races and occasional sleep.

9. Taylor’s Thoroughness: Don’t forget if you visit her room to sign-in on her color-coded white board attached to her door. You can also read her word of the week and her insightful “Taylor Tip of the Month.” (i.e. October’s Tip: Never super-glue your hand to the phone.)

8. Carter’s Loyalty to His Clothing: He wears the same black suit EVERY SUNDAY, the same gray Underarmour shirt twice a week, and the same Show Low Cougars baseball hat at every outing...and yes he does have other clothes.

7. Casanova Tate: He had a thing for his “pwhetty” swim teacher and his “pwhetty pwheschool” teacher. He also says that when he marries his friend Madelynn, he’ll get them a limo, and she’ll make him Eggos for breakfast.

6. Park City Vacation: visited family & friends, temple square, saw the Mormon Tab perform, hiked Timpanogas cave, did the Alpine slide, and took some amazing pictures for life-long memories...then I accidentally erased all of them. Uh-oh.

5. Cultural Arts Appreciation: We went to Wicked as a family. (Note to Self: Should have brought Kleenex for our high-elevation nose bleeds. )

4. Endurance: Our 2000 Isuzu Rodeo WILL...NOT... DIE! Will somebody pleeeeeease make it die?!?

3. Perspective: Being 30-something is completely underrated. The muffin-top and spare-tire have seriously never looked so good.

2. Milestone: Carter was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are so proud of our handsome, sweet boy.

1. Knowledge: With the loss of our sweet baby Crew in August, we can testify to all that the Lord is with us in all of our hardships, and that because of Him, we will have the opportunity to be reunited as a family for all eternity.

Each year we become more grateful in our hearts for our dear friends and family. Thank you for touching our lives in 2009. Merry Christmas!

Willy, Leslie, Taylor (9), Carter (8) and Tate (4) Nikolaus

4 comments:

Monica said...

I love it! You have such a fun sense of humor L! Merry Christmas!

♥Tami said...

I loved this! You are so creative!

Denise said...

I always love your Christmas cards! They are so cute. Most letters I pretty much skim through the first paragraph and then I'm done if it was a lame-o, but not Leslie's they are ALWAYS good. I hope you had a great Christmas!

JBPacker said...

Cute card I loved reading your top 10.