Back to my point...Tate has been periodically sneaking into our room at night. Yes, it's only once or twice a week, but like I said...I CAN'T SLEEP WITH KIDS IN MY BED. In the beginning, I would get up and walk him back to his bed and tuck him again. It's always hard for me to fall back asleep though. Then, it turned into me just letting him come in because I was too tired to get up and walk him back. Then, it turned into Tate coming in with his pillow and blanket and placing himself in our bed without me even noticing until of course his foot began prying my mouth open.
I keep having talks with him and telling him that he needs to stay in his bed, especially since he is going to be 4 in a couple of weeks. Well, last night he came into our bed once again in the middle of the night. I let him. I snuggled with him and tickled his face and kissed his cheeks. I then fell asleep and woke up later with his melon of a head smashed into my neck and his feet in Willy's face. I couldn't take it any more, so I gently picked him up and carried him back to his bed. As I put him down, my sweet baby looked up at me at said,
"Mama...this is where I belong."
Oh how I love that kid.
15 comments:
Very Sweet! And I love that picture!
ok, i'm not stalking you but i came across your blog, and YOU ARE HILLARIOUS!! I seriously am laughing OUT LOUD when I read your posts! You're so awesome...Kristi
PS Kaden does the same thing, I think it's a 3 year old thing...
Awwww, that is so sweet! What a cutie!
Thanks for your comments on our blog. That is not a normal occurrence, believe me! I'm the same as you - I can't sleep in the bed with the kids. It's been many a night where I find one of them in the bed and I end up sleeping in their bed, sort of like musical beds except that I am always the loser.
made me cry. really! "this is where i belong" so darn cute.
love, love, love that picture!
and so glad to be reading another post from you!
That is so cute! I love that picture of you both. You look gorgeous as always!
He is so sweet! We just love tate!
I can totally identify with this. As I read your post I could picture myself doing the exact same thing. I just wish Mitchell knew where he belonged. Very Cute Picture!
I loved it! Laughing at the beginning--getting goosebumps at the end. What a little sweetheart that Tate is. Hope we can visit you one day in your new home!
weston would only say "this is where i belong" if he was smack in the middle of our bed...
What a sweetie! You tell the best stories. Glad all is good in your new house. Sure do miss seeing you.
Your descriptions are perfect! Phil just always gets up and leaves, then I'm left to sleep uncomfortably for the rest of the night! (Do I get up and move them, of course not! But I also don't snuggle, you're nicer than me!) Our most recent struggle with this we finally left an old baby mattress on the floor. Micah can come sleep by us, but not in our bed. It worked!! He's been staying in his own room now! Good luck reclaiming your territory!
A mammogram!?! HA!! You're just freakin hilarious. Straight up. And he is freakin straight up darling!
Such a darling post. I love these little ones that have the most precious little minds. I've given up on the entire battle. Had to get a bigger bed, more pillows and most mornings I have to look around to see what kids are in my bed. Pretty funny! They grow up way too fast...
Cute picture of you two!!! What a sweetie pie.
I loved thinking about Taylor and Jade together again. I bet you guys had a fun week!
Post a Comment