Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Taylor!

It's Taylor's 9th birthday today. Willy and I were talking last night about what we were doing 9 years ago. It seems like so long ago, but when I look at Taylor, it seems like yesterday. The day she was born changed Willy and I, and it was one of the most complete days of my life.
Here she is just 1 day old...alert and ready to be alive.
We fell in love with Tay's big blue eyes and her cute little dimples. I remember just sitting and watching her every move. She's 9 months here:
Taylor has always seemed to know what she wants. Even at 2 years old she told me that she wanted a "Booty and Beast" party. (Check out little Katie Steck in the background!)
I can't really even remember life before Taylor. She's just always been. She's my little companion. I love to talk to her and be with her.

Taylor is so creative and fun. She's also a great big sister who really takes care of her brothers and is kind to others.

As much fun as Taylor is, she is also a thoughtful girl. She loves to organize parties and do things for others. Just recently she planned a surprise birthday party for her Mimi Vickie (G'ma). She made all the phone calls and even planned the menu. I was actually one of the last people to know what was going down!

I sometimes forget that this sweet girl is only 9 years old. One of my favorite times is bedtime when I get to tuck her in and hear her sweet voice tell me about her day. Missy Moo...I hope you always know how much you are loved. Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

TAYLOR!!!! Happy Birthday you little sweetie peetie! I have always loved you dearly! You've always been such a sweet little cousin to me!! You just keep gettin' more and more beautiful inside and out! Hope you had a great day!
Love, Cousin Ann

Emily said...

Oh, so cute. I even got choked up when you wrote "I can't really even remember life before Taylor. She's just always been." I feel the same way about my children and you expressed it so beautifully. Happy Birthday, Taylor. And Weswee tomorrow!! You better be expecting a b-day phone call!

Stevens said...

Wow your kids are getting so big, and if I remember correctly, your big day is coming up too isn't it? HOpe you have a great one whenever it is Leslie. I'll see what I can do about send you down one of those cakes when the time is right for you!!!!

sheri rog said...

oh how much i love taylor & her brothers. and i think EVERYBODY loves those blue eyes & dimples. MAN she is a cutie/beauty/sweetie!

i love you, taylor!

Heather said...

Oh, she is so cute and grown up looking! I think they change alot around 8 & 9. I was looking at photos from 3-4 years ago, and rylee and addie still have their baby faces today, but McKenna has changed for sure! She is gorgeous!

Lara said...

What a great kid! That baby pictures kills me...so cute! Those big blue eyes are to die for!

The Crown Lacey Family said...

I cannot believe Taylor is 9 and Tate is 4 now. I love your blog posts, BTW... I would blog much more freely myself if my MIL wasn't always reading them the instant they get posted (most of my sarcastic humor would revolve around her :)

Please give Taylor and Carter (and Tate) big kisses for me. I miss them so much and cannot wait to see them (I just have to find a way to Phoenix!).

Sara said...

such a sweetheart!

JBPacker said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! You're such a beautiful girl and so sweet. Leslie you are so lucky to have her. I am sure she is a lot like you.

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR AND LESLIE! Where's all the cute pics of you Les? I can barely remember life before you. . . truly!

Taylor looks so much like a little lady. I can't believe how much she and Jaden have grown since they met almost 6 years ago. Seeing pics of Taylor makes me so much more excited for them to get together. However, I'm a little freaked of sending her with the whole scorpion infestation. . . oh well it's all for the cause. Even a little sting will be worth the out come. Just kidding.