Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Tate!

Tate's birthday was last Thursday, February 19th. Too bad I didn't blog that day, huh? Anyway, I wanted to give my sweet baby a tribute on his birthday. Let's just close our eyes and pretend that it is February 19th.

Happy Birthday to the Master! Master Tate is just one of his many nicknames. The nurse at the hospital gave him that one when we was born. We also call him Saboozie, Tater Tot, Monkey, and I have the habit of just calling him Baby. Not too long ago Tate said to me, "Mama, the Master wants some chocolate." Hmmm...maybe someday we should let him know he's not the Master. Maybe we should just call him Tate.

He's about 7 months here....

Here he is in the blue bonnet fields of Texas...(1 yr)

Check out the blonde on that boy! Who knew a blondy could come from me? Actually, Willy was blonde and Tate reminds me so much of him. Here he is at 2 years old...

Ever since Tate was born, he has followed Taylor and Carter around like a puppy. He likes to do whatever they are doing. Even if it is hiking Superstition Mountain...he used to call it "Duperstition."
Tate loves Show Yo. (Show Low, AZ)

I love Tate's smile. He can light up a room and make everyone happy.

Tate is definitely the baby of the family. He is definitely a mama's boy in every sense of the word, however, he realizes that there are a few things that he likes that Mama doesn't....like wrestling. Diet Mt. Dew and QT trips. That's where Daddy happily comes into play.

I love his chubby feet. I kiss them all the time.

I love his cheeks too. I kiss them all the time, and he lets me! Since we are talking about cheeks, I actually love his bum cheeks as well. I like to kiss them too, although I realize that will have to stop soon. :) I'd take a picture of his buns because they are so cute, but is that crossing the line??? Probably.

Here he is at his Bob the Builder birthday party. He had a great time with his friends. Now couldn't you just gobble him up along with that cake? Happy Birthday Tate! We love you!

12 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

He's way to cute! It must be the name or something!! ;)

New Lewis Happenings said...

oops...I meant "TOO" not to...

Heather said...

Ahhhh!!! I can't believe your baby is 4! I think it is about time you had another one!

Turley Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday TateTate...that's what he's nick named at our house! We love him so much! I did find out the other day who Madelynn's husband is that she is thankful for from when we do grateful, I asked what her husbands name was...she looked up at me with a face like mom why are you even asking and said Tate! You would make great in laws!!!

sheri rog said...

and he lights up livie's life, too. what a true-blue sweetie-pie! i love that kid. (and his big sis & bro)

what about willy's buns? you kiss them, too?

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Tateman! It's so sad that they grow up so fast.

Andrea said...

Aaah... sweet post. We all love Masta' Tate over here too! Happy Belated Birthday Tate! And Happy Soon-to-be Birthday to Leslie!!!

Lara said...

such a cute boy! Didn't those 4 years go by so fast??!!!

Rohan Shearer said...

Happy Birthday Tate - wow, you are growing up so fast!

Emily said...

Once again--so cute! You did forget to mention the nickname "Grandpa Pig" that my children gave him. Still can't figure that one out. Anyway, Happy Birthday Tate!

Sara said...

master is the best nickname for the baby of the family! he is so adorable!

JBPacker said...

He is absolutely adorable. I bet, he is so fun to kiss and hug. Don't you wonder how they could ever turn into teenagers?