3. My mother-in-law, Judy, called and requested I post her "Top 10" about yours truly. So it won't be too awkward posting a Top 10 about myself, let's pretend that she hijacked my blog. Here it goes: Hi, I'm Judy. I'm hijacking Leslie's blog. Here's what I love about her!
- She can run a marathon with less effort than it takes me to walk to the back of WalMart.
- She taught me how to make my own mexi-melts.
- She hates getting anything under an "A" worse than I did.
- She maintains that great smile that cost her parents so much money.
- She remembers being a mom is more important than a career.
- She knows waiting for quality is better than instant gratification.
- A great atmosphere for learning is as important as the rest of her well-decorated house.
- She loves me (I think) even though I'm forgetful and inconsiderate at times.
- She loves and supports my son to be as good of a man he's trying to be.
- She makes beautiful and smart grandchildren.
Thanks Judy...I really appreciate your kind thoughts, but don't ever hijack my blog again!
4. I ate lunch with my sister and mom at Joe's Farm Grill. Tate took the picture. Got the free lunch that they give you on your birthday but still ended up paying $11.84. How does that happen, you ask? It happens with my mother, Vickie. My brother says that once a shrimp taco a la carte cost $23.00 with her. Love you Mom!
5. My girls took care of me. I had a birthday lunch at Rubio's and a girls night out at California Pizza Kitchen. We also saw Confessions of a Shopaholic at the movies. May I just nominate that for an Oscar right now? It's right up there with....uh, poking my eyeballs out. I love my girls though....you know who you are. Thank you so much.
6. Last but not least, one of my pre-school students brought me this cake to school. He knew I loved Elmo. Need I say more? Thanks Brendan! My tongue was red for 3 days!
And that's all folks!
10 comments:
Happy Late Birthday! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a husband who doesn't think about what the important little things are to girls. My birthdays, valentine's day, and mother's day all suck too!
Loved your top ten too! You'll have to share the mexi melt recipe.
when livie wakes up from her nap, she's gonna go nuts for the videos up there & this cake.
happy birthday again! (i loved my mom's list...all so true!)
oh my gosh...i almost forgot about that shirt from shorty! what the???
that is probably THE best gift he's given anyone. it IS liz claiborne afterall, you know!
the more attached he's becoming to thrift stores the more crappy our gifts are going to get.
I am not one of "the girls" that took care of you. I am a crappy friend! I totally forgot! Happy Birthday Leslie! I love you and that is the funniest blog story ever. I nominate you as the best blogger for birthdays! I hope you win. :)
Happy Birthday Leslie!!! I always loved Birthday time in Texas because of you and Denise. I hope you had a great one. It sounds like Willie hooked you up...I love what your mother-in-law wrote about you. It is all true.
That is so funny about the shirt. It really does look like a man's shirt, no joke! Well, happy late birthday!
Wow! It sounds like an exciting one. Way to Go Willie. And I loved the bday cake and top 10. How are you going to beat this next year?
AH Les- what a great birthday! That photo of your mom and sister is so cute- Vick still looks the same! :) Happy belated B-day and I agree, "Shopaholic" was FABULOUSLY FUNNY! Loved it too!
Yay! I'm glad you had a good one! That shirt is CLASSIC!! haha! I can't stop laughing. Poor gramps... he has such great intentions, right? :)
Love you Leslie. Happy Birthday! I must admit I feel very jealous that "your girls" took care of you. Those Arizona whores have replaced us!!! (just kidding about the whores--can I really post that word!?!?!)
Post a Comment