So we have scorpions. I have lived in the deserts of Arizona now for 17 years and until we moved to this house had never seen a scorpion. This house was vacant for some time and it just happens to be on a scorpion infested corner. Before we moved in, we saw about 8 or 9. Willy was even stung by one in our back yard. We had my brother-in-law come out and spray (thanks Kelly!) and we only saw a few after that. And then I guess scorpions like to take a vacation from terrorizing people every November-February. Kind of like snowbirds if you will. Well, last night Willy was walking to the fridge and he was inches away from stepping on one! And I mean INCHES! It freaked us out so you can bet I was on the phone at 8:00 a.m. this morning calling the best scorpion killer in all the land! (Shout-out for Zero Tolerance Pest Control).
Anyway, the scorpion killer (Kris C) is here right this very minute. I'm so excited! He's doing a scorpion treatment, and then he comes back at night with his purple light because they are glow in the dark and kills some more! Hoo-hoo-ha-ha-ha! (That was my scary, evil laugh!) I hate scorpions! Kill them all! Kill 'em!
In preparation for him coming, I mopped all my floors (hate mopping). Then, I had to clean up the backyard which had about 57 balls and other toys scattered about. So, I'm working away picking up the balls when I decided to ask Tate for some help. He was just sitting there watching me...it seemed like a natural thing to do.
Me: Tate...come help Mama pick up your balls and toys.
Tate: Nah.
Me: Come on Tate. The scorpion killer is going to come spray in our yard. We don't want your toys and balls to get poison on them.
Tate: Nah. You don't really need my help. You are doing a GREAT job.
Is doing a crappy job the key to getting some help around here!?! Sheesh! The lil' stinker.
5 comments:
Yes- how I remember the scorpions. We had them out where we lived in Peoria- never did get stung by one, but they freaked me out when my babies started crawling- shout out for pest control! Love those guys! I'm with ya- KILL 'EM ALL!!!
Holy cow! And i thought lizards were bad in texas. At least they didn't sting. hope they got them ALLL!!!!
i can just hear that evil laugh...goes hand in hand with the old man laugh, doesn't it?
i love it!
That gave me the heebie jeebies! We have never seen one of those in our house! Thank goodness! Hop that bug man gets them for you!
ahhhhh! die! we saw poe playing with a dead one in livie's room.
Post a Comment