Anyway, Taylor and Carter have been fighting more with each other this last year. They have been best friends for so long, and now as they are growing up, they are so much more competitive with each other. Everything has to be fair, ya know? Sometimes it drives me nuts!
People that know Taylor know that she loves to write stories and express herself in that way. She and Carter had just had a fight, and rather than say mean things to him at that moment, she wrote it down, and then of course left it in a place where he'd see it. I wish I still had her note because it was pretty dramatic. She addressed it to an "Imaginary Fairy" something to the effect of:
Dear Imaginary Fairy,
My life is awful. My brother is this and that. He gets away with everything. Why must I have a brother like that, etc, etc, etc.....
From,
Taylor
So, Carter must have found the note because I found this note in his room:
Dear Imaginary Football,
Okay, let's stop there. I'm going to jump into Carter's head for a second. He's thinking, "Hey, that's not such a bad idea writing a note. I'll even make sure everyone sees it...but there is NO WAY I'M WRITING TO A FAIRY. What else could I write to? Hmmm....."
Let's continue:
Dear Imaginary Football,
I have been treated with no care. I haven't been loved by my family. I want to be loved. It's great to have a 7 year old kid to blame. It's ME! Please help me.
Love: Sincerely,
Carter
We'll never know if the Imaginary Football came to his aid. He is such a sweet boy and is definitely a peacemaker. I can assure you that he is loved beyond measure. I can also assure you that I am not June Cleaver, and sometimes I feel like I really mess up. That's just part of motherhood though, I'm learning. I am so grateful to be a mom to my three beautiful, fighting children. It's going by so quickly, and I'm trying to hang on to every moment...even these.
17 comments:
I love posts like this, because it makes me feel like my family is more normal! (I know, other people's miseries are my happiness...sad, I know) I love the picture of you out in the mountains with the cactus. What a beautiful family, June Cleaver or not!
So cute! I love Carter! He is so insightful! I'll be forever grateful that he taught me what a Law is.
My kids fight too! I remember fighting with my brothers and sisters too and now we are best friends! So let's hope it works out for the best.
Great post, Leslie! You have a beautiful family and you are an awesome mom!!!
what a great one. i sure do love you guys. loved the pic, the letters & the great perspective. footballs & fairies can be so helpful. i'll try to remember that.
love you all! and i missed your posts. glad you're back. (i, too was gone for a while...and i know what you mean)
Carter's letter is heartbreaking.....to think he could ever even SAY that. He knows better, and maybe was being a Drama King (or Drama Football - YOU make the call). He knows he is adored by his family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and teammates...but MOST of all by his PAPA GREG.
If Mimi and I had ever had additional sons, w would not want them to be LIKE Carter and Tate, we would want them to BE Carter and Tate. I love the part of Leslie I see in them, and the part of Will I see in them. The Three Niklolaus-teers are soooo very special and I hope you'll tell Carter that there hasn't been a minute during his entire life when he hasn't been completely cared for an loved by his family, extended family and friends.
Now I'LL be a DRAMA PAPA-KING: The world that Carter lives is is a better place because he is in it. He is so special that it is impossible to put into words except to say: I love you, I consider you to be as wonderful a friend as I have ever had, and I would do anything in my power to help you to never, ever feel or say the things you said in your letter, no matter how upset you may be (cute, it was, but still heartbreaking to know what was going on in his soul at that moment).
Thanks for the post, Leslie. You are a magnificent daughter, mother, wife and friend. And if you don't believe me, write a letter to The Beave and ask him because, gee, everyone knows that even a pudgy 60+ year old Beave only speaks the truth, lest June, Ward, Wally or Eddy tell on him and get him in Big Trouble.
just a side note, the "footballs & fairies being helpful" comment was meant more as a way of being able to let off some steam. but those letters (upon reading them again cause they were just so funny to have come from children) were just so darn sad & you tell them that they should never ever think such things. Ü they are SOOO loved by all their family. (ditto on grandpa greg's comment above. what a sweet man.)
i love you all!
Dear Willy,
This is Kyle. I love you.
How's that for a response. . .
Actually this is Emily and Kyle never makes comments on my blogs. However, you can reach him by face book, that is if he accepts you as his friend. He has been known to deny some shady charachters. Let's see how he really feels about the Willinator!
Glad to see you blogging again! Tell your family hi from us.
She writes!!!! I am amzaed that Carter came up with that little bit and YES he is so sweet! As always I love your posts...can't get enough of you guys from here. You really are a fabulous mother. I'd take Carter over Beav or Wally any day!
K first of all... who is Kyle? And why does he love Willy? :) haha... I'm so BLOODY glad to see a new post from you. I can always count on you for a good one! I think your kids have done dang good to have made it this long without much fighting... mine are already beginning to fight.... (sigh)
Leslie you make me laugh! You do scream June Cleaver girl. Hope life calms down for you and that Carter gets some more lovin' - that kid is clever!
PRICELESS!!!!
I have some journal entries that tell all about my mean sister...they are hysterically funny now...i cry when I read them because I am laughing so hard...but ooohhh how I felt some serious anger at the time!
I love, love LOVE your blog! I love that it is so Leslie, and I love Leslie! Did that sound crazy? Your family really is so adorable! Your hair is so long and pretty... okay I am sounding crazy, but it really does! love ya, Denise
Dang...it's good to see you back. I try to check every day..hard now that I have 2 jobs here at work instead of just one...But I love to see my kids..all of them and hear what's going on in their lives. You are a super mom and of course all of my grandkids are the greatest and everyone loves them all..huh, Carter man? Never was a man so magical...Love ya all, Gr.Jude
I loved that post. And I love that you posted! I have been missing your wittyness (is that even a word?) in my life. I am actually in Henderson, Nevada, right now and I keep wishing I would run into you at the store or the mall (or maybe Circus Circus). Too bad it's not 1991.
Hey Willy and Leslie! This is Jacque Henry Buffy's aunt. I just started a blog for my jewelry, I just wanted you to come check it out! It not expensive and fun (: let me know your email address, mine is djhenry@cableone.net! Thanks guys
Post a Comment