Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Carter's Baptism


First things first....could you get much cuter than this little guy? This is Carter just after he was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't believe how fast the time goes...and there is definitely something about the age of 8. They just start to grasp things.
So, I have to record this story because....well, I love it. Back in January Carter attended a "It's Great to Be 8" program to prepare for his baptism. Our Bishop was speaking and asking everyone there to think of a superhero. Carter raised his hand high in the air and I couldn't wait to hear what he said....maybe Mr. Incredible? Batman? Phil Donahue for his early breakthrough in talk shows? No. He said, "MY MOM." That is my sweet boy for ya!!! (Now you see why I love that story?)
Here's another funny...the second after Carter was baptized and came up out of the water, Tate says loud enough for everyone to hear, "That was awwwesome!" And it was awesome.
Thank you to everyone who made it to Carter's special day. I know it meant a lot to Carter to have his family near him, and it meant a lot to us too.

Lastly, check out this sandwich. A shout-out to Steve's Krazy Subs for this bad boy. Yum!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I always know when you leave me a comment that you probably have a new post..... usually. :)
So cute! He is seriously so dang handsome... I hate that word, but there is no better word to describe him. Sorry we missed it, I know it was aawweesoome! How could it not be? And the video was darling too. And, that sub is so cool! :) AND looks mighty tasty.... I'll stop now.

Deborah said...

Same here about your newest post. That's the way it works for me. I don't blog it out until I've recently just blogged. Then for about 2 days I am not good to anyone.

Carter DOES look SOOO hansome! Mostly, he looks like he will only make really good choices from here on out! Seriously! We all know who's special boys he is. That's exciting. Congrats Carter boy!

Emily said...

Okay, so Deborah is my sister. I'm Emily one of your dearest friends! I was on her computer. But now you can see how cute my sis is.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see you guys on the 4th! And congrats to your cute Carter! I love that you make baptism DVD's of your kids- so clever! See you soon!

judy nik said...

YEAH!!! so good to see you again on the screen! Loved the baptism..Congratulations on such a great family...Grandma Jude loves all of you..Hope you had a great time in Utah...Judy Nik

Stevens said...

I can't believe they're old enough to be baptized. He looks so handsome and mature. I would have said you're my hero too though. Smart kid!

Denise said...

Yeah Carter! What a handsome boy he has become (always was of course). I am so proud of him. Don't you just want to squeeze him for making this choice on his own. I always thought maybe you get roped into getting baptized when your little and maybe some people do, but I have loved to see that kids are really excited for the day themselves. They know they are making a good choice. Do I sound like a primary teacher? Um, yep! Oh well, its natural. :)

Brian said...

Carter's superhero was the best!