Thursday, October 16, 2008

Headless Chicken Goes to Disneyland

Over the last few weeks, I have been running around in circles like a chicken with its head cut-off and have accomplished what seems like very little on my list of things to do. In fact, I'm questioning if I should even be blogging right now, but I'm going crazy and I needed a release!

Here's the scoop in a nutshell: We put a bid on a short sale house in May. Then we forgot about it. We were contacted 3 weeks ago and offered the house. We went to see it again and realized there was a lot of work that needed to be done to it, however, we felt good about it and went for it. We found a renter for our home, jumped through 80 bazillion (pretty sure that's a number) hoops for financing, and closed on Friday. "Yeah!" I say one minute. "Uh-oh spaghetti oh's," I say the next minute when I think of everything that needs to be done before we move in. (Paint, broken glass, pool problems, cleaning, wallpaper removal, etc...) It's hard leaving our home and moving into a house. I know that with some TLC it will be nice, but for right now, I'm a little nutso.

So, what's the best way to handle stress? Disneyland, or as Tate says, "Dizzyland!" We actually had the trip planned before all the crazy house stuff hit, so we had to go. It was GREAT! Here's a few pictures from our trip.

Sweet Lil' Taylor at Minnie's House

Are you sure, Carter? Are you sure you want that hat? Out of the thousands of souvenier choices? Are you positive? No doubt at all? 100% sure? How about a t-shirt? Ya sure? Alright, goofy hat it is.
We're all a little traumatized after Tower of Terror. Tate wants to know why on earth his mother, who tucks him in at night and kisses all his owies away, would EVER take him on the Tower of Terror. Well, I did. People were staring at us with that closed-mouth smile. He had a death grip the whole time and at the end of it, his bottom lip curled and he said, "That was scary." Then I said, "Call the cops. Book me for child abuse." He did all the scary rides...not bad for a 3 year old. We will await the long-term effects.
Pluto will make it all better.
We also went to Newport Beach. Tate shook it like a salt shaker. I think he gets it from me.

Who are Kim and Bob? No clue. May they have true love always though.

That is one good-looking half of a boy, if I do say so myself.

Willy and I do apologize for not wearing his speedo and my thong. It was a little chilly. Next time. Behold...the Seagull Whisperers...

As far as preventative seagull control goes, these 3 kids are the best in the world.

We had such a nice trip. Now it is back to work and back to reality! It's moving time!

17 comments:

Heather said...

lucky! (said in napoleon voice) I hope to make the same exact trip in the spring with my fam. you guys look cute happy...

Turley Family said...

Looks like a fun family trip! way to go Tate for going on the scary rides!

I'm ready when you are to help pack, clean, and remove wall paper! Let me know! Good luck with all the craziness {is that a word}

sheri rog said...

tower of terror? so funny!
great pics, too. loved the one of tate running on the beach.

let's clean!

sheri rog said...

p.s. i just tagged you. hope it's ok. Ü

Stevens said...

How fun! I'm glad you could have a bit of stress relief before attacking life head on (or head off) again!!! Good luck!

Debbie said...

"shaking it like a salt shaker!" I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard...you never fail to crack me up!

Rohan Shearer said...

Great pictures! Nothing like Disneyland to make you forget about the world.

Emily said...

Love it! I've missed reading your posts lately. They always make me happy. I'm glad you had such a "magical" time. :)

New Lewis Happenings said...

I'm sooo jealous right now. I came to Utah for some "Fall" and woke up my first day to "Winter"...3 inches of snow...blah!!! I'd so rather have gone to Disneyland!!! Don't move too much stuff...I'll help you next week!! See you soon!

Amy said...

I am seriously waiting for the thong/speedo post! You are so awesome. Wish I was there to help you with your new casa...good luck! xoxo

*And, even though you took your innocent 3 yr old on the terror ride, I still nominate you as mother of the year!

♥Tami said...

How fun for you guys! Disneyland is always a good time! Yeah for the new house! Sounds like lots of work! Tell Willie to call Devin if he needs help with something! I volunteer him! Shhh, don't tell him I said that!

Lyndsay said...

Sounds like there's LOTS going on in your life these days! we love Disneyland- I think we're going in Feb- your pictures made me excited to go. Your kids are so cute and look so fun! BTW- LOVE the goofy hat! :)

JBPacker said...

Once again, I love reading your post. Good luck with the house and dang cute kids. Great dancers!

Lara said...

what a great time! I'm lovin' the pics of the kids at the beach! Tate is hilarious!

JBPacker said...

I hope you are loving your new house. I made my blog private so send me your email when you get a chance. jpacker529@yahoo.com

Emily said...

Les,
I can't believe you bought a new house. Congrats! Oh, how blogging will take a back seat! Can't wait to hear all the details.
Em

Andrea said...

I would love a new post from you Auntie Leslie!