Thursday, June 12, 2008

12 Years with a Hottie


Our 12-year anniversary was June 6th. I can't believe how fast time has flown by. It seemed like yesterday that I was sitting in my first day of Book of Mormon Institute class when this really cute guy came in and sat by me "Yes!" I remember thinking, "What better way to learn about the BOM than with a hottie sitting next to me!" Well, he was a hottie until Willy walked in. (The hottie turned out to be Willy's best bud, Todd, who to many, is still a hottie). This is going to sound cheesy and sappy, but the second he walked in, we looked at each other for a moment, and I suddenly felt queasy. My cool, confident self went bye-bye, and I really was struck. Yes, he was a hottie, but that is not what made me into jello. It was the confident way he looked at me and that twinkle in his eyes. I knew at that moment that I was going to get to know that guy (and maybe plant one on him later).
And rewind 13 years, and here we are! Young muffins.


As I've thought about our life together, I feel so blessed to have shared my life with Willy. There are a million reasons why I love him, but here is a list of my TOP 10.

10. He always makes me smile when he walks through the door.

9. He encouraged and supported me when I chose to start my pre-school. He makes me feel like the best dang teacher around.

8. He has had continued support with my runs. He came to my marathon in St. George when I told him he didn't have to, and I meant it --not one of the girl tricks. This happened to be probably THE most stressful day of his life (bar results). He put me before himself, and that melted me.

7. He rolls his eyes at me without rolling his eyes. I know I get a little koo-koo, and I know that inside he is probably rolling his eyes, but most often, he makes light of the situation or brushes it off altogether.

6. He makes me feel like his priority. He works really hard, and sometimes I forget that he has a high-pressured job because he is all husband and father when he gets home.

5. He RARELY complains about anything. He'll eat pretty much anything too...except grapefruit and perhaps ward potluck sushi.

4. He makes me laugh. (Does everyone know that he still has his own "woobee" aka blanket? We are on his 3rd one since we got married and he sleeps with it every night no matter what.)

3. He only snores when he is really sick. Granted, that snore sounds like a ship's fog horn, but it's only when he's sick.

2. He is a good man who loves his Savior and honors his priesthood.

1. He is a constant in my life. I depend on him, trust him and love to kiss on him.

And here we are 2008. A little older and a little hotter.

Happy Anniversary!

18 comments:

Sara said...

love the young muffin picture!

New Lewis Happenings said...

That is such a sweet tribute!! Happy anniversary!!

Lyndsay said...

June 6th is a great day- our anniversary too! Weren't Wily and I in the same singles ward in Mesa when I lived down there? What a great marriage you have. And to think that all those years ago we started in a little village called Glenmoor- now look where we are!

Heather said...

so cute! tiny tear!

Jenn said...

You guys are so great!!

Rohan Shearer said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! You guys still look great and not a day older than you looked in Houston.

♥Tami said...

Congratulations! 12 years is something to be proud of in this day and age!

Lara said...

Yeah! Love the "then" pic! thanks for saying Hi. I love keeping up with my AZ buds.

sheri rog said...

what??? POTLUCK SUSHI??? disgusting! Ü

loved the post...happy 12th. i can't believe it.

& DEFFINATELY both of you are still as hot as your were then!! Ü

Leslie said...

Yes, Sheri...I'm afraid to say it, but in Texas our ward had monthly potlucks. One month was dishes from around the world. That was a really scary one and our last one. Someone made sushi. Bless her heart.

Debbie said...

Congrats on being in love with your own husband!!! Here's to the next 12, 30 and perhaps more.

Lainie said...

Hey, happy anniversary!

Emily said...

I was the one who brought sushi you...@$# of a $%*#$!
You guys are adorable. We miss you! In fact I am calling you right now. Got the busy tone.

Emily said...

I was happy to share the most stressful day of Willy's life with you. :)
What a wonderful couple with adorable kids!

sheri rog said...

sorry emily! Ü

i'm sure the sushi was great, though!

giggle...Ü

sheri rog said...

hello??? i keep coming on here hoping you have something new!
Ü
i love your posts!
where are you?

Leslie said...

My friend Emily (who TRIED to get credit for bringing sushi to our ward potluck) is my most funny, awesome, very missed, hoochie-like friend in Texas. You'd be more likely to grow a third nipple than to catch her anywhere near a ward potluck, Chuck-a-rama or anything like unto it. Sorry to rat you out Em...the sushi was brought by a different hoochie.

Unknown said...

I'm sitting here watching Wimbledon reading your blog and thinking about the good ol days when Will and I used to play. He would usually whip me! And even though 12 years have passed (and you two are still Hot) and we haven't seen you in awhile, your family is beautiful and miss you tons. Love your blog. P.S. Thanks for the Hottie comment...Todd